Change of Address
An employer may submit a request to change its address on the Division of Employment Security (DES) records in one of the following ways:
- Online through the DES Unemployment State Tax Automated Reporting (USTAR) system.
- Completing the Section III of the Report On Change of Business Operations. This form is furnished with each Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report, or it may be downloaded here.
- Writing to the Division of Employment Security, Attn: Liability Unit, P.O. Box 59, Jefferson City, MO 65104-0059.
- Sending fax to 573-751-3900
- E-mailing EmployerAddressChange@labor.mo.gov
- Calling 573-751-8232
A third party must submit a Power of Attorney or written authorization from the employer to request an address change for the employer.
Tax: Mailings such as quarterly contribution and wage reports, benefit charge statements, annual tax rate notifications, and tax liability determinations are sent to the employer’s principal mailing address. Multiple mailing addresses may be established if an employer is filing separate reports for multiple locations.
Benefit Claims: The Notice to Base Period Employer of Claim Filed for Unemployment Benefits is sent to the employer's principal mailing address, unless a separate address is established for the mailing of unemployment insurance claim notices. To request a separate claims address, please contact the DES in writing by mail, fax, or e-mail (see above). Notice to last employer is mailed to whatever address is provided by the claimant. Determinations will be mailed to the address shown on the employer protest, unless the employer specifies the determination be sent to another address.