Google Translate

Worker Protection and Fraud Center

The Missouri Department of Labor works to protect your rights as a worker and depends on you to let us know when those rights are being jeopardized. The Worker Protection and Fraud Center allows you to connect with our divisions online and take action to get the help you need.

Report a Safety Hazard

If you work in the public sector and are concerned with safety and health conditions in your workplace, you can complete a Workplace Safety Complaint Form. If you work in the private sector, you will need to contact the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

File for Representation

The State Board of Mediation is responsible for determining appropriate bargaining units of public employees that request the establishment of such units and for conducting elections to determine the exclusive bargaining representative for those units. Public bodies or their designated representatives meet and discuss proposals concerning employment conditions with the labor or employee organization that the public employees have chosen as their exclusive bargaining representative.

Report Your Workplace Injury

If you are injured on the job, report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. Failure to report your injury to your employer within 30 days may jeopardize your ability to receive workers’ compensation benefits.

File a Discrimination Complaint

If you feel that you have been discriminated against in employment under one of Missouri's protected categories, you may file a discrimination complaint with the Missouri Commission on Human Rights.

File a Wage Complaint

If you feel you are not being paid the correct wages, you can file a complaint for two types of wages: minimum wage and prevailing wage

File an Unemployment Claim

You can file an initial request and weekly requests for unemployment benefits online and view eligibility requirements for benefits. 

Report Worker Misclassification

Are being properly classified as a worker? Learn more about the effects of worker misclassification.

Are You Covered by Workers' Compensation?

Find out if your employer is required to provide its employees with workers’ compensation coverage.

Report Child Labor Concern

If you believe a child is working in dangerous occupations or working more hours than legally permitted, you can report a child labor concern.

Report Fraud

Our Department investigates all fraud tips and complaints submitted to our office. You can report workers’ compensation, unemployment, or employee misclassification fraud.