The Division of Labor Standards’ On-Site Safety and Health Consultation Program can assist you in making your workplace safer and help avoid costly penalties imposed by OSHA. The service is designed for small employers (less than 250 employees on-site, no more than 500 employees nationwide) in high hazard industries. Our safety and health consultants provide an OSHA-type “mock” inspection at the workplace, for free and without assessing any fines or penalties (OSHA fines for serious hazards found in the workplace increased from $849 to $3,630 per hazard). The employer always sets the scope of the visit, so the consultation can include the entire workplace or it can be limited to a specific area or phase of the workplace. Your only obligation is to correct the hazards identified by the consultant.
During the walk through, the safety and health consultant will identify and discuss any potential hazards and suggest the best and most cost - effective solutions. Consultants also can provide training and assistance in the preparation of site-specific written safety and health programs. SIGN UP TODAY!
Want to save even more money? Join our Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP). Become exempt from OSHA targeted inspections for up to two years, reduce your insurance premiums, cut out-of-pocket expenses and decreased workplace injuries.
Samples of Safety Programs and Plans
- OSHA LOCAL AND REGIONAL EMPHASIS PROGRAMS
- CONFINED SPACE PROGRAM
- EMERGENCY ACTION PROGRAM
- EXPOSURE CONTROL PLAN
- FIRE-PREVENTION PLAN
- HAZARD COMMUNICATION PROGRAM
- HEARING CONSERVATION PROGRAM
- ENERGY CONTROL PROGRAM
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT PLAN
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION PROGRAM
- VOLUNTARY RESPIRATORY PROTECTION PROGRAM
- ELECTRICAL HOT WORK PERMIT SAMPLE
- ACCESS TO MEDICAL AND EXPOSURE RECORDS
OSHA Emphasis Industries and Hazards
The following industries and program areas are emphasized priorities for Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance. The On-Site Consultation Program is qualified to assist small businesses in these industries and in dealing with the emphasis initiatives below.
OSHA Emphasis Industries
- Inpatient Health Care Facilities
- Residential Building Construction
- Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
- Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction
- Site Preparation (Demolition)
- Power and Communication Line and Related Structures
- Primary Metals Industries
- PSM-Covered Chemical Facilities
- Poultry Processing and Slaughtering
- Grain Handling
Emphasis Safety and Health Hazards
- Crystalline Silica
- Combustible Dust
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Manufacturing Amputations
- Confined Spaces in Construction
- Other LEPs (Construction and Non-Construction)
The Missouri On-Site Consultation Program is funded by a federal grant of $1,133,800, which constitutes ninety percent of the overall budget for the Program.